- In the recently held Barangay and SK Elections by COMELEC, it's been almost a month since celebrity-officials were installed in the respective offices
- There were the luck ones who got elected by their fellow barangay dwellers
- They are all glad to have come up with great platforms and campaigns to bolster their service to the public
It's not entirely new to Filipinos to see celebrities running for government office posts, be them local or national. In fact, this is what Late Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago had always quoted as, "telegenic politics" in the country.
Although that being said, KAMI learned that this year's May 14th SK and Barangay elections were successfully triumphed by celebrities both on and off cam.
Here are the celebrities who made it to the official winning count of the previously held Baranagy and SK elections, according to Pep.ph:
1. Angelika dela Cruz - this is already the second time the Kapuso actress has won the government post in barangay Longos, Malabon. Angelika got a landslide of votes topping the counting with 4000 more versus her sole opponent to office.
The actress is proud to say that her projects are being appreciated for their good effects and positive changes in their barangay. "Nakita nila ang mga magagandang projects ko at nakita nila ang magandang pagbabago sa lugar namin."
She also vows to continue whatever she's started in her previous term as captain. "Ipagpapatuloy ko ang mga nasimulang projects ko. Simulan ko na agad ang paglilinis at pagtanggal ng mga obstructions sa barangay ko."
The actress turned public official also mentioned in an interview that her efforts are all worth it, " sulit ang pinaghirapan."
2. Toto Natividad - winning the poll race with 500 votes against 2 other candidates for captain post, the veteran director of FPJ's Ang Probinsyano revealed that this is his first time running in the polls in Barangay Kaunlaran, Navotas City.
He also stood strong amid all the black propaganda pitted against him during his pre-election campaigns. Natividad's slogan includes "Bagong kandidato, sinseridad, walang bahid ng kurapsyon, may malasakit, may mga natulungan at tinutulungan, kilalang director sa larangan ng pelikula at telebisyon."
3. Paolo Marquez - he's already considered a force to be reckoned with in the field of politics, ever since his first SK win when he was just 16 years of age. As well, his dad, Joey Marquez, had been mayor of Parañaque City thrice in a row with his brother, Jeremy Marquez, landing a kagawad role.
"Sa tagal ng aking paninilbihan sa barangay, ibinuhos ko ang aking kaalaman, pagmamahal, at kakayahan para makagawa ng mga kaparaanan na makatulong."
"Sa aking pananaw, naniniwala sila sa aking dedikasyon at malasakit sa barangay kaya nila ako inihalal sa barangay."
He also mentioned his platforms during the same interview with Pep.ph, "Naging plataporma ko ang patuloy pang pagpapaganda at ang pagsasaayos pa ng mga serbisyo ng barangay na nakatuon sa mga aspeto ng barangay legislation, personnel development, barangay management, equipment and supplies."
Today’s HumanMeter social experiment is to see how men react to a woman approaching them.Usually we are used to the traditional way of a man starting a conversation with a woman he is attracted to and hopefully getting her digits at the end. Is it always this way? – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!