- The designer of the headpiece of Rabiya Mateo in the national costume segment has finally aired his side of the story
- In a lengthy Facebook post, he said that nobody was at fault and while he admits that he felt hurt that it was not worn, yet he understands
- He said that there was no more time for the headpiece to be fixed on Rabiya's head
- He also confirmed that they practiced and tried it but "hindi na kinaya maisuot"
Manny Halasan, the Bulacan-based designer of the headpiece of Rabiya Mateo's costume has finally aired his side of the story.
He explained that what happend was nobody's fault and that there simply is no need to bash him, the designer, the organization or the candidate.
He also enumerated that issues that were thrown at him and the common points that the bashers would mention on FB.
"walang may kasalanan and naiintindihan ko bakit hindi nagamit ung headpiece kasi gahol na at wala na time para maayos ung sa ulo nya dahil ang sabi ay mabigat na ung costume kaya dapat komportable na lang si Rabiya .....
- nasugatan sya ( not because of the jewelry and head piece gaya po ng nasabi ni Ms Shamcey. nasugatan sya kasi in a very limited time need nya salpak lahat at isuot lahat ng costume
- hindi nag iisip hindi ba sinubukan ? yes, sinubukan at prinaticce po namin bago ipinadala sa MUP. hanggang sa huli bago lumabas si Rabiya, sinubukan pa rin niyang gamitin ngunit hindi na kinaya pang maisuot ( masakit, pero naiintindihan ko ung nangyare)
- ang hindi ko maintindihan bakit need nyo makasakit ng loob ng iba
- mang-bash sa designer
- mang-bash sa organization
- mang-bash sa candidate
- mang- bash sa akin
isa lng naman ang gusto natin lahat suportahan ung candidate natin. un naman ung totoo and wala naman tayo need pag pagtalunan or sisihin"
Rabiya Occeña Mateo is an Indian-Filipino model and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Universe Philippines in 2020. She is set to represent the Philippines at the Miss Universe 2020 pageant, which will be held on May 16, 2021 in Florida. Rabiya was born on November 14, 1996 to an Indian-American father and a Filipino mother who later separated.
A video of MJ Lastimosa exclaiming "Ay Catriona" as Miss Thailand was doing the evening gown preliminary segment has gone viral. Miss Thailand was walking and when she turned, it was then that the beauty queen exclaimed "Ay Catriona." She also tried to say "Hi" to Miss Thailand but since she was not given any attention she just laughed it off. The video has been shared and viewed on Twitter thousands of times.
A fake account on Twitter is now claiming as the official account of Rabiya Mateo. However, the beauty queen stated that she has no Twitter account. Rabiya declared this to MJ Lastimosa, who is one of her biggest supporters, who went with the whole Miss U crew. She categorically said, "wala akong Twitter."
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!