Gian Sotto bio: Wife, education, family, age, achievements
Gian Sotto is a Filipino-born actor and political leader. He is currently serving as the 18th vice mayor of Quezon City. He has also been the presiding officer of the Quezon City Council since 2019.
Gian is among the luckiest few who was born and raised in a family that dominates the Filipino showbiz and political arenas. Here is everything you need to know about his wife, education, family, age, and achievements.
Gian Sotto profile summary
- Full name: Gian Carlo Gamboa Sotto
- Celebrated name: Gian Sotto
- Date of birth: 26th March 1978
- Place of birth: Quezon, Philippines
- Gian Sotto age: 42 years
- Gian Sotto birthday: 26th March
- Nationality: Filipino
- Ethnicity: Mixed-race
- Marital Status: Married
- Profession: Actor, politician, band vocalist, entrepreneur
- Political party: Hugpong ng Pagbabago
Carlo was born on 26th March 1978 in Quezon Philippine. His real name is Gian Carlo Gamboa Sotto. He is the son of Senate President Tito Sotto (father) and actress Helen Gamboa (mother). Carlo was brought up by his parents together with his three siblings, namely, Romina, Diorella Maria, and Ciara.
Gian Sotto education
He enrolled at the Ateneo De Manila institute for his elementary education before attending Ateneo De Manila for his high school education. He graduated in 1997. Later on, he enrolled at the University of Asia and the Pacific for his college studies. He graduated in 2001 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Entrepreneurial Management.
READ ALSO: Nancy Binay bio: husband, age, book, accomplishments, family
The Filipino politician is married to Joy Woolbright, who serves as an influencer. The duo has been together since their days in college. They welcomed their first two children before tying the knot. The pair has five children; Vicente IV nicknamed Hugo, Edrigo, Sancho, Rosanno, and Amari Jiliana.
Gian Sotto family
Carlo hails from the powerful Sotto clan, which is well-entrenched in the show business and politics. Gian Sotto father, Tito Castelo III, is the current Senate President. He is the great-grandson of the former Senator Vicente Y. Sotto and the great-grandnephew of former Senator Filemon.
Carlo is the nephew of the renowned television personality and actor Vic. Therefore, Gian Sotto and Vico Sotto, the mayor of Pasig, are cousins. He is also the cousin of actor Oyo. Carlo’s mother, father, sister Ciara, and many other cousins serve as actors and actresses in the Philippines.
Carlo has taken part in several career endeavors. Here is the breakdown:
He has had numerous notable stints in acting alongside his uncle Vic. He has starred in the following films:
- 2006 - Enteng Kabisote 3: Okay ka Fairy ko
- 2008 - Eva Fonda
- 2008 - Last Trip
- 2008 - Iliw
- 2008 - Iskul Bukol 20 Years After (Ungasis and Escaleras Adventure) starring as Gianni Escalera
- 2011 - Enteng ng Ina mo
- 2012 - Si Agimat si Enteng Kabisote at si Ako starring as Gian
- 2013 - Torky and My Little Bossings starring as Police 1
- 2015 - My Bebe Love: #KiligPaMore
- 2019 - Boy Tokwa: Lodi ng Gapo
Show business career
- Younger age - Guitarist of the Rock Band Nerveline
- 2005 - GMA7 and Actor
- 2006 to 2009 - MZET production and Acting
- 2007 to 2009 - Actor, Star Magic, and ABS-CBN
Business and political career
- 2001 - The marketing department at the Auto-Haus
- 2010 to present - Councilor of 3rd District of Quezon City
- June 2019 to present - Vice Mayor of Quezon City
Gian Sotto achievements
Carlo’s achievements come from his numerous advocacy programs. They include:
- Feeding and nutrition
- Development of infrastructure
- Anti-dengue health programs
- Livelihood program such as skills training
READ ALSO: Marjorie Barretto bio: age, dad, family, education, business
The Senator is active on several social media platforms. Here are his handles:
- Gian Sotto Instagram: @giansotto
- Gian Sotto Facebook: @GianSotto
Gian Sotto latest news
Carlo and his wife are expecting their sixth child. Joy Woolbright, Gian Sotto wife, announced this news on 12th April 2020.
She used her Instagram account to share the story in an all-white family photo titled, “Here We Grow Again." Here is the caption she pinned down.
16 WEEKS! So timely that as we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, we also want to share that we are celebrating a life of a new blessing, captioned Joy.
The family has been aware of the pregnancy since January but hesitated to share the news due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
We’ve been wanting to share this last month, but unfortunately, it was when the COVID-19 situation started, and we felt that it wasn't the right time to share. We waited on God's perfect time, and today felt right, added Joy.
Gian Sotto did not struggle so much to make it in the show business and politics. However, he did not sit and bask in the glory but instead worked hard to create a name for himself by becoming nothing short of the best in his career.
READ ALSO: Francis Tolentino bio: Wife, age, education, net worth, achievements