- Pangasinan town mayor Cezar Quiambao and his wife, former Pinoy Big Brother housemate Niña Jose, were tested positive for the novel coronavirus disease
- The Bayambang Mayor Quiambao released an official statement on April 1 where he announced that on March 16, he and Niña decided to get tested for COVID-19
- During their 14-day quarantine, the two confirmed that they are positive for the disease
- He told his constituents to not worry because both of them are doing fine
- Quiambao and Niña will undergo another 14-day self-quarantine to ensure that they will not put anyone at risk
Former Pinoy Big Brother housemate Niña Jose and her husband Pangasinan town mayor Cezar Quiambao revealed that they both tested positive for coronavirus disease.
In a statement, Bayambang Mayor Quiambao announced that they went to get checked on March 16 when they decided to get tested for COVID-19.
“On March 16, my wife, Niña, and I decided to have a medical check-up and have ourselves tested for COVID-19. During our 14-day quarantine, we confirmed that we were both positive so we received proper treatment from the doctors who believe that we have now recovered," he said.
“Please do not worry because we are both doing fine,” he said to his constituents.
According to a report by ABS-CBN News, it is yet unclear if they have fully recovered but Quiambao’s statement said that they will undergo another 14-day self-quarantine to ensure that they will not put anyone at risk.
“This is our way of helping to contain the spread of the virus and helping our health workers to flatten to curve.”
Quiambao then asked everyone to pray for the pandemic to end.
“We are asking for your prayers, not only for us, but for the whole world as we all try to overcome this pandemic.”
“We also encourage everyone to please stay at home and wash your hands properly and frequently,” he added.
In a previous report by KAMI, Department of the Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año has tested positive for COVID-19.
Niña Jose-Quiambao was a competitor in Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 1 in 2006. Kim Chiu, Gerald Anderson, and Matt Evans were some of her batchmates.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!
Our team gave some pieces of advice to our followers who are going through difficult situations in life! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!