NBA legend Kobe Bryant met his wife Vanessa way back November 1999. He was 21 years old at that time, while Vanessa was 17 then. It has been a sweet ride over the years.
KAMI learned that the long-lasting love of Kobe and Vanessa had its lows but it surely has many highs.
In a report by Hollywood Life, there are 4 things to know about Vanessa, following the tragic deaths of Kobe and their daughter Gianna.
Here are the interesting facts about Vanessa:
1. Vanessa Cornejo Urbieta was born on May 5, 1982. She lives a private life even though she has been married to Kobe for decades.
2. The couple got engaged after six months of dating. Kobe and Vanessa tied the knot in 2001 and they reportedly did not sign any prenuptial agreement.
3. They had four beautiful daughters named Natalia, Gianna, Bianka, and Capri. Gianna was 13 years old and died along with her father in the helicopter crash.
4. In 2004, Kobe was accused of assaulting a 19-year-old hotel worker. However, it was dropped three weeks after it was filed.
5. In 2011, Vanessa filed a divorce against Kobe because of “irreconcilable differences.” However, the couple decided to stay married in 2013 until the NBA legend passed away on January 27.
As previously reported by KAMI, a video has been circulating after claiming that it was the footage of the helicopter crash.
Kobe Bryant also known as the Black Mamba was a famous player of the Los Angeles Lakers. He was the first guard to play 20 seasons in the NBA. In 2016, he finally decided to retire from the NBA and focused on his family.
POPULAR: Read more about Kobe Bryant here!
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!