- A wedding celebration in Qaraqosh has made headlines after a fire engulfed the venue
- On Tuesday, September 26, Revan and Haneen were doing a slow dance when pyrotechnics were set off inside the venue
- Eventually, the ceiling caught fire, with guests scrambling to leave the place afterward
- According to the groom, they could no longer live in their hometown after the incident
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!"Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
A wedding celebration in Qaraqosh, located in the northern part of Iraq, has made headlines all over social media as a fire engulfed the venue.
On Tuesday, September 26, newlyweds Revan, 27, and Haneen, 18, were doing a slow dance when pyrotechnics were set off inside the venue.
Afterward, the ceiling caught fire, spreading everywhere across the venue as their guests scrambled to run towards the exit.
Revan, the groom, was recently interviewed by Sky News, and said they could no longer live in their hometown after the tragic incident.
PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram - get the most important news directly in your favourite app!
"That's it, we can't live here anymore. We can't live here anymore. I mean, every time we try to have some happiness, something tragic happens to us and destroys the happiness. So, it's best for us to leave," he told Sky News.
Aside from this, Sky News also reported that over 150 people were injured at the wedding.
Meanwhile, according to the report done by BBC News, a total of 107 people were killed at the wedding, as per the government investigative committee.
Watch the video below:
As previously reported by KAMI, a video of a couple during their wedding ceremony has been making its rounds on social media. In the viral video, the groom could be seen drinking from the cup that the priest was holding. However, netizens were thoroughly amused upon seeing the reaction of the groom afterward. Moreover, some netizens also pointed out how his wife certainly missed his hilarious reaction.
Meanwhile, a Facebook user has stirred buzz on the social media site after sharing a hilarious story about his wedding. John Alvin Torrente recalled what happened during the joyous occasion after his wife said her wedding vows. According to John, his wife suddenly had a 'snot bubble' much to his shock. He then openly admitted that the said incident had him laughing up until the end of their wedding.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!