Pamangkin ng mayor ng Shariff Aguak, patay sa panibagong ambush; kapatid, sugatan
- A nephew of the mayor of Shariff Aguak was killed in an ambush after surviving a previous attack involving an RPG
- Two others were wounded in the shooting, including the mayor’s brother and father of the victim
- Police said a white minivan without license plates followed the victims before gunmen opened fire
- Authorities launched a hot pursuit operation to capture those responsible for the attack
Narito na ang paghahanap sa KAMI! Basahin ang mga balita tungkol sa iyong paboritong mga bituin sa pamamagitan lamang ng pag-type ng kanilang pangalan sa search bar!
A relative of the mayor of Shariff Aguak was shot dead in an ambush that also left two others injured on Tuesday before noon, according to police authorities in Maguindanao del Sur.

Source: Youtube
Investigators identified the fatality as the nephew of Mayor Adatu Akmad Mitra Ampatuan Sr.. The victims were traveling near the boundary of Barangay Kabengi and Barangay Salbu in Datu Saudi Ampatuan when gunmen suddenly opened fire on their vehicle.
Two companions sustained injuries during the attack, including the mayor’s brother, who is also the father of the slain victim. Authorities said the assailants used a white minivan without license plates and trailed the victims before carrying out the shooting.
Police immediately conducted a hot pursuit operation in an effort to locate and arrest the suspects responsible for the ambush. As of this writing, investigations remain ongoing to determine the motive behind the killing and whether it is linked to earlier violence involving the mayor’s family.
PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram - get the most important news directly in your favourite app!
The incident comes after a previous ambush on January 25 in which the mayor himself narrowly survived despite attackers using a rocket-propelled grenade against his bullet-proof vehicle. Two security escorts were wounded in that earlier assault.
Suspects connected to the January ambush were later killed during a police hot pursuit operation, authorities said.
Law enforcement officials continue to intensify security measures in the area while pursuing leads that could help resolve the latest attack and prevent further violence.
In a separate incident, a disturbing viral clip showed a Filipina being attacked by a foreign national inside a shopping mall in Singapore, triggering public concern. The Department of Migrant Workers said its labor attaché has already reached the victim and is extending assistance. “Medical assistance is the most basic there, and of course, filing of the complaint, our lawyer would stand ready to help her,” said Hans Cacdac. Authorities are treating the matter as physical assault and are working with Singaporean officials to ensure the victim receives proper medical attention, legal support, and due process as the probe continues. Family seeks justice over the horrid incident.

Read also
Katawan ng biktima ng karumal-dumal na pagpaslang, natagpuan sa drum sa tapat ng sports complex
Meanwhile, a household in Barangay Mayamot was left rattled after CCTV footage recorded a man searching through their bedroom while they were asleep on February 8, 2026. Homeowner Mary Rose Bustamante reported that mobile phones, wallets, and over ₱20,000 in cash were taken. Some of the stolen bags were later found in a nearby alley, but the money was not recovered. Police said the suspect is a local resident previously associated with burglary and carnapping cases, prompting intensified efforts to locate him and prevent further crimes in the community.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Source: KAMI.com.gh
