Driver who got fired after using company van to save flood victims, to be honored by DOLE
- DOLE Region 7 steps in to honor and investigate the case of driver Francis Anthony Narvasa
- Narvasa was dismissed after using his company van to rescue six people swept away by floods
- Cebu Governor Pamela Baricuatro offers him a job at the Provincial Capitol
- DOLE says Narvasa deserves recognition and benefits, not punishment
Narito na ang paghahanap sa KAMI! Basahin ang mga balita tungkol sa iyong paboritong mga bituin sa pamamagitan lamang ng pag-type ng kanilang pangalan sa search bar!
A wing van driver who lost his job after rescuing flood victims in Liloan, Cebu is set to be honored by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE Region 7).

Source: Facebook
The agency also plans to investigate the legality of his dismissal.
The recognition will be given to Francis Anthony Narvasa this December during the department’s anniversary celebration.
In a report by GMA Regional TV Balitang Bisdak, DOLE officials said they found no clear justification for Narvasa’s termination.
Like and share our Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Share your thoughts in the comments. We love reading them!
The agency noted that the driver used the company vehicle to save lives during the onslaught of Tropical Storm Tino.
“Wala umanong sapat na dahilan para tanggalin sa trabaho ang driver,” says the report.
Video footage from November 4 showed Narvasa and two companions using the wing van to rescue six individuals who had been swept away by strong floodwaters.
Their act of bravery quickly went viral and drew widespread praise online. “Umani ng papuri ang ginawa nila,” says the report.
A police officer reportedly asked Narvasa to assist the trapped residents, and he immediately agreed to help. However, the company owner allegedly disapproved of the rescue attempt.
“Hindi umano nagustuhan ng may-ari ang ginawa ni Narvasa,” says the report. He was later removed from his job.
Cebu Governor Pamela Baricuatro was among those who expressed admiration for the Leyte-born driver.
“Kunin bilang driver sa Cebu Provincial Capitol si Narvasa,” says Governor Baricuatro after learning he had been dismissed for helping fellow Cebuanos.
DOLE Region 7 Director Atty. Roy Buenafe emphasized that Narvasa should be acknowledged and rewarded for his heroism.
“Dapat na kilalanin at bigyan ng gantimpala ang ginawa niya,” says Buenafe.
The agency will also ensure he receives his rightful benefits as part of their ongoing investigation.
In Naic, Cavite, a woman drew widespread attention online after a disturbing incident inside a fast-food restaurant, where she lashed out and physically attacked both a staff member and another customer. The commotion reportedly began when she tried to use a mobile phone as payment for her order. Barangay officials later confirmed that the woman displayed unstable behavior and issued several threats during the confrontation. Responders at the scene also noted that her actions suggested she may have been undergoing a mental health crisis.
In Mangaldan, neighbors rushed to the aid of a mother and her child after a break-in at their home turned into an attempted s3xual assault.
Elsewhere, security footage revealed how an intruder slipped into a home by entering from the back and forcing open a window. The victim, identified as “Isabela,” shared that she continues to suffer from deep emotional distress following the suspect’s alleged attempt to harm her. Authorities said the man, who had already been flagged for previous trouble in a nearby community, now faces charges of robbery and serious s3xual assault.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Source: KAMI.com.gh


