- Many Filipinos are already prepping for the upcoming Undas on November 1 and 2
- However, the DOLE has released an advisory for the payment of wages for both holidays
- The “no work, no pay” policy shall be observed on All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day
Many Filipinos are already preparing for the upcoming “Undas” on November 1 and 2.
KAMI learned that the Department of Labor and Employment has released an advisory for the payment of wages for November 1, 2, and 30.
In a report by the CNN Philippines, the “no work, no pay” policy shall be in effect on All Saints’ Day (November 1) and All Souls’ Day (November 2). Both days were declared as special non-working holidays.
“If the employee does not report for work, the ‘no work, no pay’ principle shall apply unless there is a favorable company policy, practice or collective bargaining agreement (CBA) granting payment on a special day,” it read in the advisory.
PAY ATTENTION: Using free basics app to access the internet for free? Now you can read KAMI news there too. Use the search option to find us. Read KAMI news while saving your data!
According to the Manila Bulletin (author Leslie Ann Aquino), if the employee decides to work on both or either days, he or she should be paid an additional 30% of his or her basic wage for the first eight hours.
Here are the other pay rules for November 1 & 2:
- For work done in excess of eight hours (overtime), the employee shall be paid an additional 30 percent of his/her hourly rate.
- For work done during these days that also fall on employee’s rest day, he/she shall be paid an additional 50 percent of his/her basic wage in the first eight hours.
- While for work done in excess of eight hours (overtime), an employee shall be paid an additional 30% of his/her hourly rate.
In a previous report by KAMI, no announcement has been made yet that President Rodrigo Duterte has declared October 31, 2019, as a special non-working holiday as well.
Under the Proclamation No. 555 President Duterte signed in 2018, November 1 and 2 were declared as special non-working holidays in observance of All Saints’ and All Souls’ Day.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!
The little girl is crying for help, she is scared, but not many people seem to care. The results of this social experiment have really put the HumanMeter team in shock. Why don't we help a lost kid??? — on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!