- Manila Mayor Isko Moreno approved the new City Ordinance 8572 or the Tapat ko-Linis ko ordinance
- The said ordinance will penalize citizens who will refrain from their duties to keep their areas clean including the unsightly hanging of laundry
- Fine will be from Php 500 up to Php 5,000, imprisonment of not more than 30 days or both
Mayor Isko Moreno is continuously making efforts to improve the cleanliness and orderliness of the city of Manila by banning unsightly hanging of laundry in the newly approved city ordinance on October 25, Friday.
The City Ordinance 8572 or also called as the Tapat ko-Linis ko ordinance is going to penalize Manila citizens who will refrain from being responsible of their duties to keep their areas clean, as well as, interrupting the city's orderliness.
In a report by CNN Philippines, individuals will be penalized if they are found guilty of the following actions.
- Hanging of clothes in electrical wires, windows, posts
- Washing drying of clothes in the gutter, sidewalks, streets, alleyway, roads
- Leaving trash in the gutter, streets, sidewalks
- Allowing or leaving pets to defecate or urinate outside their property line
- Storing, dumping, placing wastes, debris, junk, or under repair vehicles, dilapidated appliances, and other objects in any part of the road, street, or avenue, or in any sidewalk which may impede or obstruct the vehicular and pedestrian traffic
- Construction of pens or cages of animals or animals on leash
- Installation of permanent fences or gates
- Use of sidewalks for plants, trees, and platters
As stated in the city ordinance, those who violate the list or will be found guilty will have to face the designated charges. Any citizen can be fined from Php 500 up to Php 5,000.
It could also be a detainment in jail of not more than 30 days or both depending on the final decision of a court of justice, especially for repeat offenders.
The new law aims to avoid further untidiness and chaotic environment so as to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the city's surroundings.
In a previous article by KAMI, Mayor Isko Moreno is featured as one of the hottest male politicians in the Philippines.
Mayor Isko Moreno is a former actor turned politician. He is the 27th and current mayor of the city of Manila.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!
What happened between Marjorie and Gretchen Barretto? Watch here- KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!