Today, October 10, marks the “World Mental Health Day 2019.” This celebration helps to raise mental health awareness and support those facing mental health issues around the world.
Every second week of October, the National Mental Health Week is being celebrated. This was in accordance with the Proclamation 452 that was signed by former President Fidel V. Ramos on August 25, 1994.
KAMI learned that there are 8 lifestyle changes that you can do to be mentally healthy.
PAY ATTENTION: Submit to email@example.com or message us on Facebook your personal story, along with related photos or videos, and get a chance to make an impact on other people’s lives! If your story gets chosen, our video team will make a special feature about it so that others can learn and be inspired by your journey. We can also hide your identity in the special feature, depending on your preference.
Here are the following tips from GMA News and Philippine Tatler:
- Reach out to other people. You can talk to your family or friends if you are going through something.
- You can start making your own gratitude journal. You can write down 3-5 things that you are thankful for.
- Find ways to make yourself laugh. You may watch YouTube video clips or comedy films.
- It is always important to take a break and rest. You can read books or listen to relaxing music.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Reduce the time you spend on social media.
- You may try taking a nutritional supplement.
- Avoid eating junk food and eat more vegetables and fruits.
If you want to talk with someone, you may reach out to the government's hotline for mental health assistance. You may contact them at 0917-899-8727 / 0917-989-9727 (USAP).
Don’t forget to take good care of your own mental health, too! Happy World Mental Health Day!
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
What does Maine Mendoza think about working with Carlo Aquino? Which Kapamilya actor would the actress like to work with? And finally, what is Maine's biggest professional dream? Find out answers to these questions in our exclusive interview with the star — on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!