- A teenager has started a fire after burning the letters she got from her ex
- The teen woke up from a nap when she heard the smoke detector
- The balcony of the apartment was burned
A teenager has accidentally started a fire at her apartment after burning the letters she got from her ex.
KAMI learned that the Lincoln Police Department in Nebraska has confirmed the incident.
In a report by the Yahoo! News (author Elise Solé), a 19-year-old woman lit the letters from her ex. However, it only smoldered that was why she just abandoned it on the carpet and took a nap.
Later on, the teen woke up to the sound of the smoke detector.
“The woman assumed that because the letters were only smoking, that they wouldn’t catch fire,” the spokesperson of Lincoln Police Department said.
PAY ATTENTION: Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook your personal story, along with related photos or videos, and get a chance to make an impact on other people’s lives! If your story gets chosen, our video team will make a special feature about it so that others can learn and be inspired by your journey. We can also hide your identity in the special feature, depending on your preference.
The teenager rushed to get water to put the fire out. She also opened the windows before she left the apartment.
According to the incident report, the balcony of the apartment was burned. The overall damage of the fire caused $4,000.
“The woman told the officers that she didn’t mean for the fire to spread,” the police said.
“We wish she hadn’t done it,” it added.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
What is the Filipino word for "honeymoon"? HumanMeter is in the streets of Philippines to find out the answer to this and other questions – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!