- Earlier, there had been explosions that happened in Saudi Arabia
- The Philippine government said they are ready to assist the OFWs there
- The Department of Labor and Employment has coordinated with the Department of Foreign Affairs for the possible evacuation
The government said they are ready to assist the Filipino workers in Saudi Arabia following the attacks that happened at the state-run oil firm, Saudi Aramco.
KAMI learned that the Department of Labor and Employment has coordinated with the Department of Foreign Affairs for the possible evacuation of the overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).
In a report by ABS-CBN News, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello said that the agency is ready to help the workers in terms of safety and security.
“[W]e are ready for any eventual repatriation to ensure the safety and security of OFWs, or help them secure employment in the other areas,” Bello said.
PAY ATTENTION: Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook your personal story, along with related photos or videos, and get a chance to make an impact on other people’s lives! If your story gets chosen, our video team will make a special feature about it so that others can learn and be inspired by your journey. We can also hide your identity in the special feature, depending on your preference.
The labor secretary mentioned that there are no reports yet about work disruption and injuries among Filipino workers.
According to a 2018 Philippine Statistics Authority survey, there are about 550,000 Filipinos working in Saudi Arabia.
As reported by Reuters, the Iran-backed Houthi group in Yemen has already claimed that they were responsible for the attacks that happened at the Abqaiq facility last Saturday.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Showbiz News: Kylie Verzosa vs MaxineMedina! What is all the fuss about Kylie Verzosa allegedly spitting on Maxine Medina? – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!