- Bureau of Corrections chief Nicanor Faeldon has confirmed the release of the three suspects of Chiong sisters case
- However, Faeldon said that he cannot remember if he personally signed the release orders
- The convicts were covered by the good conduct time allowance (GCTA) law
Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) director Nicanor Faeldon has confirmed that three out of seven convicted suspects of the Chiong sisters’ case had been released under the good conduct time allowance (GCTA) law.
KAMI learned that Faeldon confirmed on Monday that Josman Aznar, Alberto Caño, and Ariel Balansag were already released.
In a report by UNTV News and Rescue (author Aileen Cerrudo), Faeldon said that he cannot remember if it was him who personally signed the release orders.
“Because I really do not distinguish those cases,” Faeldon said.
PAY ATTENTION: Submit to email@example.com or message us on Facebook your personal story, along with related photos or videos, and get a chance to make an impact on other people’s lives! If your story gets chosen, our video team will make a special feature about it so that others can learn and be inspired by your journey.
As reported by CNN Philippines, Senator Ping Lacson shared that it was Corrections technical superintendent Maria Fe Marquez who signed the release orders. However, he noted that only the BuCor Director General can approve the releases.
In a previous report by KAMI, the parents of the Chiong sisters cried for injustice over the possible release of the three suspects.
In July 1997, Marijoy Chiong and Jacqueline Chiong were kidnapped, harassed, and murdered in Cebu.
Among the “Chiong 7” convicts were Aznar, Caño, Balansag, Paco Larrañaga, James Andrew Uy, James Anthony Uy, and Rowen Adlawan.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Playing Firsts and Lasts with famous Filipino actor and singer Ruru Madrid. Guess when was the last time he said "I love you" to someone! – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!