- Filipinos can visit Taiwan without a visa until July 2020
- The visa-free visit for Filipinos can last up to 14 days
- This move will further strengthen the friendship of the Philippines and Taiwan
The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) has announced on Tuesday that Filipinos will enjoy the privilege of having a visa-free visit to Taiwan until July 31, 2020.
KAMI learned that the one-year extension also aims to further strengthen the relationship between the Philippines and Taiwan.
In a report by the GMA News, Filipinos can visit Taiwan up to 14 days without having the need to apply for a visa.
Here are the conditions:
- Possess an ordinary/regular passport with remaining validity of at least six months from the date of entry;
- Hold a confirmed return plane or boat ticket, or a confirmed plane or boat ticket, along with a valid visa, for an onward destination;
- Provide the confirmation of hotel reservations or an address and contact details for their stay in Taiwan, as well as a financial statement;
- Have a clean criminal record, as verified by immigration upon arrival at an airport or seaport in Taiwan.
“This privilege is a display of Taiwan’s amity with the Philippines as the country continues to boost the travel convenience for Filipinos to visit Taiwan for leisure, business, or other short-term purposes," TECO stated on its website.
According to a report by ABS-CBN News, Taiwan started the visa-free travel program for Filipinos since 2016 to offset a slump in tourists from China.
In 2018, around 419,000 Filipinos visited Taiwan, a 44 percent increase as compared to the data in 2017.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Tricky Questions: Fill In The Blanks! Aanhin pa ang damo kung... Can you fill in the blank with the right words? Let us find out! – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!