- DSWD Sec. Rolando Bautista has broken his silence over the outburst of Erwin Tulfo on-air
- Bautista said that he is willing to forgive Tulfo, but with certain conditions
- One of the conditions is for Tulfo to donate at least P300,000 to different organizations
Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Secretary Rolando Bautista has finally given his comments about the on-air outburst and apology of radio broadcaster Erwin Tulfo.
KAMI learned that Bautista is willing to forgive Tulfo, but with certain conditions.
"Tinatanggap ko ang paghingi ng paumanhin ni Ginoong Erwin T. Tulfo alinsunod sa mga nakatakda na kailangan niyang gampanan sa lalong madaling panahon upang mapatunayan ang kanyang katapatan," Bautista said in a statement.
The DSWD secretary wanted Tulfo to publicly apologize through publishing it on newspapers with a size not smaller than the broadsheet, posting it on different social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and announcing it through different radio stations.
Bautista also said that Tulfo should donate at least P300,000 to different organizations in payment for allegedly defaming his reputation on-air.
Here are the 19 organizations mentioned by Bautista, as reported by the CNN Philippines:
- Philippine Military Academy
- Philippine Military Academy Alumni Association Incorporated
- Association of Generals and Flag Officers
- First Scout Ranger Regiment, Philippine Army (PA)
- Special Forces Regiment (Airborne), PA
- Light Reaction Regiment, PA
- Philippine National Police Special Action Force
- Philippine Naval Special Operations Group, Philippine Navy (PN)
- Philippine Marines Special Operations Group, PN
- Philippine National Police Maritime Group
- The trust fund for the city of Marawi’s internally displaced persons to be administered by DSWD BARM
- Philippine Veterans Hospital
- AFP Victoriano Luna Medical Center
- Philippine National Police Camp Crame General Hospital
- Philippine Army General Hospital
- Philippine Navy General Hospital
- Philippine Air Force General Hospital
- Philippine Coastguard General Hospital
- An educational trust fund for the deserving children of DSWD employees to be deposited at the Landbank
Bautista also thanked those who supported him amid the controversy.
As previously reported by KAMI, Tulfo had an outburst on his radio program “Tutok Erwin Tulfo” and threatened to slap the Bautista when the broadcaster shared the latter refused to have an interview with him.
The Philippine National Police then ordered to pull out the police escorts of the Tulfo and directed him to surrender his firearms.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Tricky Questions: What Is The Meaning Of 'Petsa De Peligro'? Can you answer all these questions without using Google? The people in the streets who answered our tricky questions will make you laugh out loud! Check out all of our exciting videos – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!