Senate and House approve bill giving 100% service charge to employees

Senate and House approve bill giving 100% service charge to employees

- The Bicam approved a bill seeking to give all service charge collected to the workers

- The proposed law includes all restaurants and hotels

- Senator Joel Villanueva is expecting for both chambers to ratify the bill

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed

The Senate and the House of Representatives panels approved a bill seeking to give all the service charge of restaurants and hotels to their employees.

KAMI learned from GMA News (author Amita Legaspi) that bill was approved on Tuesday during the Congress Bicameral Committee’s meeting.

"After more than 40 years, ngayon ‘yung service charge ay 100% na na mapupunta sa ating mga workers," Senate labor committee chairman Joel Villanueva said.

"We were able to thresh out the difference between the versions of the House and Senate," he added.

Villanueva said that the present law stated that only 85% of the total service charge collected will be given to the employees, while the remaining 15% is for losses or breakages. However, it is not the case most of the time.

"Maraming datos, maraming survey, maraming complaints even establishments in Quezon City na baligtad pa nga ang nangyayari. 15% ang nakukuha ng mga waiters tapos 85% ang nakukuha ng establishment," Villanueva said.

PAY ATTENTION: Using free basics app to access internet for free? Now you can read KAMI news there too. Use the search option to find us. Read KAMI news while saving your data!

As reported by the Manila Bulletin (author Vanne Elaine Terrazola), the senator said that the proposed law covers rank-and-file workers and supervisors. However, those in managerial positions are no longer included.

The concerned employees will receive their share from the collected tip on a monthly basis. However, collecting a service charge is not mandatory.

Villanueva expects both chambers to ratify the bill.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

Rachel Alejandro and Raymond Bagatsing talked to KAMI about their new movie “Quezon’s Game” and about their personal lives as well – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Related news
Groufie' ng mga bata sa isang fast food chain, ikinatuwa ng mga netizens

Groufie' ng mga bata sa isang fast food chain, ikinatuwa ng mga netizens

Groufie' ng mga bata sa isang fast food chain, ikinatuwa ng mga netizens
KAMI.com.ph
Mailfire view pixel