Palace orders gov’t officials not to travel to Canada and limit gov’t interactions with them

Palace orders gov’t officials not to travel to Canada and limit gov’t interactions with them

- The government ordered officials not to travel to Canada at the moment

- The memorandum also indicated to lessen the government interactions with Canada

- The order was in relation to the trash dumped by Canada in the Philippines

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed

The Palace confirmed the issuance of memorandum to refrain the government officials from traveling to Canada and limit transactions with its government amid the trash shipment controversy.

KAMI learned that the Palace described the Philippines’ diplomatic ties with Canada as “diminished.”

“We maintain that these directives are consistent with our stance on the diminished diplomatic relations with Canada,” Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said, as reported by the Inquirer (author Julie Aurelio).

Panelo noted that Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea issued the memorandum on May 20. The order covered all heads of agencies, department secretaries, government-controlled and – owned institutions.

PAY ATTENTION: Using free basics app to access internet for free? Now you can read KAMI news there too. Use the search option to find us. Read KAMI news while saving your data!

The memorandum came out after Canada failed to get back the trash they shipped to the Philippines in 2013 and 2014. The Canadian government said that they are working on it and may take out the trash by June.

Recently, President Rodrigo Duterte also ordered the authorities to hire a private shipping company for the trash.

As previously reported by KAMI, President Duterte threatened Canada over its 103 containers of trash dumped here in the country. The Canadian government already responded to the order of President Duterte.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

Rachel Alejandro and Raymond Bagatsing talked to KAMI about their new movie “Quezon’s Game” and about their personal lives as well – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Related news
Malacañang rejects Cardema’s call for Pres. Duterte’s help vs. Guanzon

Malacañang rejects Cardema’s call for Pres. Duterte’s help vs. Guanzon

Palace rejects Cardema’s call for Pres. Duterte’s help vs. Guanzon
KAMI.com.ph
Mailfire view pixel