- President Rodrigo Duterte has signed a new law seeking to institutionalize the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program
- The new law seeks to provide financial assistance to poor Filipino families
- However, there are certain qualifications that should be met to be a beneficiary
President Rodrigo Duterte has recently signed a law seeking to institutionalize the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps).
KAMI learned from ABS-CBN News (author Arianne Merez) that the Republic Act 11310 aims to provide financial assistance to the poor Filipino families, given that they meet certain qualifications.
Under the new measure, the government will be giving conditional cash transfers to farmers, fishermen, homeless families, indigenous peoples, families in the informal sector, and those in marginalized areas for a maximum of 7 years.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is now tasked to review the qualified beneficiaries based on the standard targeting system.
Here are the conditions as reported by the GMA News (author Virgil Lopez):
- Kids from 0 to 5 years old must receive regular health services, check-ups, and vaccinations
- Pregnant women must receive post-partum and post-natal care for her and her baby
- Kids from 1 to 14 years old must avail deworming pills at least twice a year
- Children 3 to 4 years old must attend school classes at least 85 percent of the time
- One person must attend the development sessions by the DSWD at least once a month
All the beneficiaries will be covered by the National Health Insurance Program (NHIP). Failure to comply with the conditions will cause for immediate termination of the financial assistance.
For more information about the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program, you may visit the site here.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Tricky Questions: Are You Smarter Than The 3rd Grader? Asking adults questions from the school program. Let us see if you can answer them all. Check out our other videos – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!