- The Palace recently dismissed the rumors about President Rodrigo Duterte’s health
- Senator Ping Lacson also commented on the controversies
- Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said that the President was in his residence
Recently, the Palace has shut down the rumors that President Rodrigo Duterte suffered from cardiac arrest and was admitted at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center in San Juan City.
KAMI learned that Senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson also commented on the rumors through a social media post.
“Sa mga hindi nagsasawa sa paulit ulit na kamatayan ni Rodrigo Duterte, pahinga muna kayo,” Lacson said.
“May kasabihan - ang taong napapabalitang namatay na, lalong humahaba ang bahay,” he added.
On Saturday, the Palace denied the claims that President Duterte was at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center, as reported by the CNN Philippines.
Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said that the President was in residence and that he was neither confirming nor denying that he went to the hospital.
"The President is in his residence at the Palace signing papers. I just talked to him, he is neither confirming nor denying that he went to the hospital," Panelo said.
President Duterte had not been seen from the public eye since he cast his vote in Davao City, according to a previous report by KAMI.
Born on March 28, 1945, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte is the only septuagenarian to ever assume the post. Many controversies had been spread with regard to his health, but the Palace dismissed these.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Halo-Halo is a popular Filipino dessert. But it's so hard to choose the best one. Right? So we are helping you out with this! Our host Joy is tasting the product by several producers and giving her verdict. Check out all of our videos – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!