In just a few days, the future of the Philippines will be in the hands of the Filipino voters. Who are qualified to become a senator? What are the roles and tasks of the senators? KAMI's got you covered!
According to a video report by the ABS-CBN News, there are many tasks needed to be done by the senators. Here are some of their roles and responsibilities:
- Create laws to help and serve the Filipinos
- Exercise the oversight function to probe government officials
- Oversee the budget of the country
- Serve as the judge if there are impeachment trials involving higher officials like the President or a Chief Justice
- Some Senators are part of the Commission on Appointment that does the “check and balance” when the President appoints an official
- Ratifies the international deals of the President
- The Senate has the right to oppose “martial law” or the suspension of the “writ of habeas corpus”
- As part of the Congress, senators have to make sure that the President does not abuse his/her power
As previously reported by KAMI, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) warned the candidates and the Filipino voters that those who will be caught selling and buying votes would be apprehended.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
We have included some of the most tricky questions and interesting challenges! This time, we asked different people, "What Is Kulangot In English?" Do you enjoy watching street interviews and listening to different opinions? Check it – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!