Cancer could be a dangerous illness because it is hard to cure. Many have passed away due to cancer, but until now, experts have not verified the primary cause of this disease.
Cancer cells could develop in different parts of a human body like the brain, lungs, nose, liver, intestine, colon, skin, and pancreas. While there is no specific cure yet for cancer, there are still ways to prevent it by addressing the “triggers” ahead of time.
KAMI learned that senatorial aspirant and health expert Dr. Willie Ong has shared on social media some tips that could help prevent cancer.
Here are the 15 simple ways you can prevent cancer:
- Avoid smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol
- Avoid air pollution
- Avoid excessive sunlight exposure and use sunblock
- Avoid smoked foods like “tinapa” or barbeque
- Avoid eating "bopis", "dinuguan", "bituka", and other internal organs of the animals
- Avoid eating street food
- Lessen the intake of salty food and condiments like soy sauce, “patis”, or “alamang”
- Lessen the intake of processed meats like hotdog, longganisa or saugsage
- Lessen the consumption of fried food
- Avoid eating beef and pork meat
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Avoid stress and refrain from being in an environment filled with negativity
- Be active and exercise regularly
- Know your family history to know if ever someone in your family or relatives that had cancer
- Consult your doctor or physician every 6 months
However, Doc Willie clarified that while all the tips have not been verified yet, it is still advisable to follow it. He added that it is essential to take good care of our health for the sake of our family as well.
As previously reported by KAMI, Doc Willie also shared four simple ways that people should do once they get up in the morning.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
What is the Tagalog of bag? We took to the streets to ask ordinary citizens some tricky and hilarious trivia questions. The answers we got are even more hilarious! Check out all of our exciting videos – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!