- As summer approaches, it is possible for Filipinos to experience heat exhaustion or even heat stroke
- There are ways to prevent this heat illness from happening during hot days
- The Department of Health also gave a reminder to the Filipinos about preventing heat stroke
The summer season is just right around the corner. With the hot days drawing near, Filipinos may experience heat exhaustion or even worse, a heat stroke.
Heat stroke or sunstroke is a heat illness that occurs when exposed to high temperature and if the person is dehydrated, it can result in the body’s failure to control its temperature system.
Sunstroke can cause damage to a person’s brain and other internal organs. The warning signs of heat stroke include the following:
- Lack of sweating
- Nausea and vomiting
- Rapid heartbeat and shallow breathing
PAY ATTENTION: Pinoy Celebrities Whose Relationships Are Not So Well-Known
To avoid this heat illness, KAMI listed some tips to avoid sun stroke to help you maintain your body to cool down. Here are some tips according to WebMD:
- Wear lightweight, light-colored and loose-fitting clothing
- Take cool baths
- Put sunscreen with SPF 30 or more
- If possible, reschedule your activity outdoors during the coolest time of the day
- Avoid extreme physical activities
- Always stay hydrated and drink lots of fluids
However, ABS-CBN News reported that not all fluids can help you ease heat stroke. It is necessary to avoid coffee, alcohol, tea, and even soft drinks because these are “diuretics” that can induce the production of urine. Too much release of urine can lose body fluids and cause dehydration during hot days.
To give first-aid treatment to those who are experiencing a heat stroke, you may watch this:
It is most important to drink lots of water, as advised by the Department of Health.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Aquino-Falcis Controversy: Brother Speaks Up! Atty. Jesus Falcis, brother of Nicko Falcis, discloses how the controversy involving Kris Aquino and Nicko, her former project manager, has affected the life of his family. Check out all of our exciting videos – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!