- The Philippine Statistics Authority offered a more convenient way to request for civil registry documents
- The requests of the documents can now be done online through their Serbilis website
- They can also deliver the documents to other countries for overseas Filipino workers
The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) recently offered a more convenient way of providing original copies of civil registry documents like birth, death, and marriage certificate as well as the certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR).
KAMI learned that Filipinos can easily request for their civil registry documents online via “Serbilis” website of PSA.
In a report by the ABS-CBN News, Filipinos living outside the country can also request for their documents and have it delivered to the country they are currently residing.
“We extended our channels of accessing our civil registrar documents for people outside of the country to request for birth certificate," said PSA Civil Registrar General Lisa Grace Bersales in DZMM TeleRadyo.
According to the Serbilis website, the copy issuance requests for birth, death, and marriage certificate is P330 per copy, while for CENOMAR requests, it is P430 per copy. For delivery requests to other countries, per copy request is $20.30 and $25.30 for CENOMAR request.
Bersales noted that request for CENOMAR has a higher price because it is harder to find in their archives.
There are just three steps to request for civil registration documents online:
1. Fill out the online application form in the Serbilis website
2. Pay through different channels such as:
- Banco De Oro (Branches, Online Banking, ATM)
- UnionBank (Branches, Online Banking, ATM)
- Bayad Center
- Credit Card
3. Wait for delivery (3-13 working days after payment within PH; 6-8 weeks after payment to other countries)
In case you need your documents within 1 to 2 days, it is advised to request for the documents in person at the nearest PSA Serbilis Center. You may check their list of Serbilis centers here.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
We had an exclusive interview with LizQuen! What was their first fight about? Who were their first crushes? We asked Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil these and many other interesting questions. Enjoy their replies! Check out our other videos – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!