- A man in United States died when a vape exploded in his face
- His left carotid artery was severely damaged by the explosion
- It was reported that a part of the vape went to his throat
A North Texas man was declared dead after a vape exploded in front of his face. KAMI learned that a medical examiner confirmed his death two days after the incident.
In a report by Inquirer, a 24-year-old named William Brown died on January 29. Brown was using his vape at a vape shop when the explosion happened.
According to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s office, shrapnel from the explosion has injured his left carotid artery and his skull. Brown experienced a stroke when his carotid artery was severely damaged.
As reported by CNN, the manager of Smoke and Vape DZ immediately called an ambulance after the explosion. Brown was in the shop to seek help for his vape. According to the x-ray result, a part of his vape went into his throat.
"That went across his lip, apparently somehow, and cut his lip," Alice Brown said, grandmother of William.
"That three-piece thing went into his throat and stayed there," she added.
In a previous report by KAMI, the Department of Health (DOH) has said that vape is not a good alternative for tobacco for it still contains nicotine. The DOH also shared that they want to regulate the use of vape in the Philippines for its content and safety among Filipinos.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
"I want to buy alcohol for my 10-year-old nephew because it's his birthday and he wants to chill," that's what we told alcohol sellers and the results of this experiment are so wrong and so disappointing. – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!