- CEO of Floyd Mayweather’s firm breaks silence over the rematch
- Leonard Ellerbe said that Mayweather is no longer interested in the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight
- Ellerbe also said that Mayweather has nothing else to prove
The CEO of Floyd Mayweather’s firm, Leonard Ellerbe finally spoke up about the much awaited rematch of Mayweather and People’s champ Manny Pacquiao. KAMI learned that Mayweather is no longer interested on a rematch as reported by Manila Bulletin.
“No, he’s retired,” said Ellerbe.
“He has no interest in doing that (rematch with Pacquiao). It’s not always about the money. What can the man do? He didn’t have the motivation and desire. He is living his best life, travelling, running most of his business, spending his hard-earned money,” he added.
Ellarbe also shared that Mayweather has nothing else to prove and that he’s had enough as reported by Sporting News.
“He will be 42 come Feb. 24. Enough is enough. What good would it do if you can’t spend it. He has nothing else to prove. I am very happy for him,” the CEO said.
It was Mayweather who first announced last year that he wanted to face Pacquiao in a rematch despite his retirement from boxing. However, the much awaited rematch was said to be moved on a later date.
As previously reported by KAMI, Mayweather recently fought with Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition match in Tokyo, Japan. Mayweather won the match within just two minutes and reported to earn $9 million.
More recently, Pacquiao won against professional boxer Adrien Broner. KAMI reported earlier that Mayweather personally went in Pacquiao’s locker room before the match.
POPULAR: Read more news about Manny Pacquiao!
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
How Many 'N' Letters Are There In 'Cinnamon'? Name the country starting with "Y". Who wrote bestseller The Da Vinci Code? Check out a series of new tricky questions! – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!