- Philippines and China had an exchange of memorandum of understanding
- The two countries signed oil and gas development during the first day of President Xi Jinping’s state visit
- China and PH also signed 29 deals when President Xi visited the Palace
During the first day of Chinese President Xi Jinping in the Philippines, the two countries have signed deals for oil and gas development. KAMI learned that Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro “Teddy” Locsin Jr. had exchange memorandum of understanding.
In a report by ABS-CBN News, the recently signed agreement was part of the 29 deals signed during the state visit of President Xi. President Rodrigo Duterte and China have been eyeing to conduct joint exploration deal in some parts of South China Sea. However, no announcement has been made yet if the signed oil and gas deal includes those in South China Sea.
As reported by Rappler, here are the 29 deals signed by China and Philippines:
- MOU on oil and gas development between the Philippines and China
- MOU on cooperation on the Belt and Road Initiative
- MOU on basic education cooperation between Department of Education and China’s Ministry of Education
- MOU between Department of Information Communication Technology and Ministry of Industry and Information Communication Technology
- MOU between Philippine Cooperative Development Authority and Ministry of Agricutlure and Rural Affairs on strengthening the building of agricultural cooperatives
- MOU on Foreign Service Institute of the Philippines and China Foreign Affairs University
- Exchange of Executive Program of the Cultural Agreement between Philippines and China for 2019 to 2023
- Implementation agreement on feasibility study for Davao City Expressway Project
- Implementation agreement of feasibility study for Panay-Guimaras-Negros Island Bridges Project
- MOU on renminbi clearing arrangement
- Protocol of phytosanitary requirements for export of fresh young coconuts from Philippines to China and protocol of sanitary and phytosanitary requirements for export of frozen fruits from Philippines to China
- Infrastructure cooperation program between Philippines and China
- Program for cooperation on industrial parks development between Philippines and China
- Handover certificate of emergency humanitarian cash assistance betwen Philippines and China
- Letters on project of container inspection equipment
- Letters on Davao Region Bridge Project
- Letters on China-aided Bridge and Road Project in Marawi
- MOU on panda bonds issuance
- Framework agreement for industrial park between Bases Conversion and Development Authority and Gezhouba
- Exchange of contract for project management consultancy of Philippine National South Longhaul Project North-South Railway Project between Department of Transportation and China Railway Design Corp Ltd
- Letter of no objection to the organization of the Renmindi-Philippine Peso Foreign Exchange Trading Market between Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas and Bank of China
- Handover of Certificate of Authority to operate for Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (ICBC) Manila branch between ICBC and BSP
- MOU on jointly promoting cooperation in key infrastructure projects in Davao region
- Handover certificate of humanitarian cash assistance between Philippines and China
- Agreement on economic and technical cooperation between Philippines and China (between DOF and China International Development Cooperation Agency)
- MOU on supporting feasibility study of major projects between Department of Finance and China International Development Cooperation Agency
- Loan agreement on New Centennial Water Source Kaliwa Dam Project
- Commercial contract of Safe Philippines Project Phase I between Department of Interior and Local Government and China Telecom
- Commercial contract on New Centennial Water Source Kaliwa Dam Project between Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System and China Engineering Group
In addition, a Facebook post of Manila Bulletin shows the sign of President Xi in the Palace’s guest book. The Chinese President wrote “May China-Philippines friendship last for a long time.”
As previously reported by KAMI, President Xi visited the monument of Philippine national hero Jose Rizal at the Luneta Park, Manila. He even paid respect and gave wreath to honor Rizal who he said had Chinese roots.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Philippines social experiment: can you answer these tricky questions? Today we are going to ask Philippines strangers some very funny Tagalog tricky questions! Do you think you can answer them correctly? These individuals from the Philippines have their answers! Saan Aabot Ang Bente Pesos Mo? This questions might sound easy, but in reality, they are pretty tricky and it is easy to make a mistake! – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!