- As of 2018, Michael Romero of 1-Pacman is still the richest member of the House
- Three members made it to the so called ‘billionaires’ club’
- Included in the list are Vilma Santos and Imelda Marcos
Three made it to the "billionaires’ club" in the House of Representatives. KAMI learned that as of 2018, Michael Romero of 1-Pacman remains at the top spot for the wealthiest member of the House of Representatives.
KAMI listed the top 10 richest members of the House as reported by Rappler:
1. Michael Odylon Romero of 1-Pacman - P7.291 billion
2. Emmeline Aglipay Villar of Diwa party-list - P1.407 billion
3. Alfredo Abelardo Benitez, Negros Occidental 3rd District Representative - P1.004 billion
4. Imelda Marcos, Ilocos Norte 2nd District Representative - P920.8 million
5. Feliciano Belmonte Jr, Quezon City 4th District Representative - P861.04 million
6. Virgilio Lacson, Manila Teachers party-list - P791.69 million
7. Bayani Fernando, Marikina City 1st District Representative - P739 million
8. Vilma Santos Recto, Batangas 6th District Representative - P538.89 million
9. Antonio Floirendo Jr, Davao del Norte 2nd District Representative - P523.73 million
10. Yedda Marie Romualdez, Leyte 1st District Representative- P478.24 million
In a report by Manila Times, those who made it to the top 10 in 2017 are those who also made it in 2018.
As previously reported by KAMI, the richest senator for 2018 is Sen. Cynthia Villar with declared statement of assets, liabilities and net worth (SALN) worth P3,633,260,266. Along with her in the billionaires’ club was Sen. Manny Pacquiao with P2,946,315,029.93 declared SALN.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Cartoon - I Hate My Mother-in-Law – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!