Fact check: Did the construction of the Chinese casino continue despite Boracay's close down?

Fact check: Did the construction of the Chinese casino continue despite Boracay's close down?

- There have been reports circulating around that apparently, despite Boracay's close down, the Chinese casino's construction was ongoing

- It was then that some reports of speculations that the President allegedly allowed the construction even with the prior order

- Now, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque reportedly stated on Monday, July 30, 2018, that such reports are not true

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed!

According to CNN Philippines, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque denied reports that the construction of Chinese casino in Boracay will push through.

In his latest media briefing, KAMI learned that Roque stated, and we quote:

"I don't think any private entity should test the political will of the President on the issue of casinos on Boracay. The President has said 'no' and I would hope they will respect that."

Apparently, this report goes back to what Leisure & Resorts World Corporation(LRWC), which is reportedly the local partner of Macau casino operator Galaxy Entertainment Group, said, according to the report, that the construction of the casino is still on track despite the 6-month closure and rehabilitation of the island.

The LRWC VP for legal affairs Katrina Nepomuceno, reportedly said that they apparently finished what was needed to be done before the island's closure which was on April 26, 2018.

The news source further reported that a month prior to the closure of Boracay, the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) apparently gave a "provisional license to Galaxy to build a multimillion-dollar hotel casino which supposedly happened on March 21.

However, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said that apaprently the construction of the $200-million or 26-billion pesos hotel-casion in the highly famous island "will never happen."

Roque added, and we quote:

"The provisional license is not a license itself. It is conditional. It is provisional. It is subject to the happening of conditions, which will never be fulfilled because the President said he will not allow it."

A confusion came upon this supposed construction due to the operators claim that it will push through, reportedly, but the officials and even President Rodrigo Duterte insisted that "it will not continue," as the report continues.

The world-renowned island, Boracay is set to re-open this coming October on the 26th after the "cleaning and rehabilitation efforts."

It was on February 9, earlier this year pressed a temporary stop on the construction of more casinos.

Apparently, this is to avoid an "oversupply" of gaming complexes, as the report goes.

POPULAR: Read more news of Presdient Rodrigo Duterte here

Watch Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque's video below at 18:45 timestamp.

Did you miss our tricky questions? Check them out again in the video below and find out what questions you know, and get into the fun of our kababayans hilarious answers to these questions!

Get more exciting, fun, insightful, and hilarious videos by clicking here - HumanMeter YouTube channel

Source: Kami.com.ph

Related news
Robin Padilla, muntik nang iuwi si Mariel Rodriguez kahit ‘di pa tapos ang Magpasikat number

Robin Padilla, muntik nang iuwi si Mariel Rodriguez kahit ‘di pa tapos ang Magpasikat number

Robin Padilla, muntik nang iuwi si Mariel Rodriguez kahit ‘di pa tapos ang Magpasikat number
KAMI.com.ph
Mailfire view pixel