- They were the talented child stars of their generation
- These local celebs started showbiz at their young age and now they are still active not just in acting but some are into hosting
- They truly made a name in the local showbiz scene
They are still visible on your TV screen and even in big screens in cinemas.
Little did we know that these celebrities started their career very young, proved that acting is truly their God given gift.
KAMI learned from GMA News Entertainment that some of these child wonders still have a career in showbiz, acting or even hosting their own show.
Here are the 10 child stars who still have an 'active' status in show business.
1. Cammille Pratts is a product of 90's Youth variety show, 'Ang TV'. She s also known for her portrayal as 'Sarah' in the hit movie, "Sarah ang munting Prinsesa'.
Now, Cammille is doing a hosting stint for several years now and also stars in some teleserye with GMA.
2. Angelica Panganiban is also a part of the hit 90's movie, 'Sarah, Ang munting prinsesa'. she played the role of Becky.
As she grows up, she was given more challenging role like being a kontrabida
She has also proved her acting skills by portraying dramatic roles and 'kontrabida' characters.
Angelica is also a mainstay of Kapamilya's gag show, 'Banana Sundae' where she shows her comedian side.
3. Miguel Tanfelix is a product of Starstruck kids. He was also given a cute role as Pagaspas in the origal casting of Mulawin in 2004.
Now, Miguel is one of GMA's teen heartthrobs. In the remake of Mulawin, he also got the role of a teen 'Pagaspas'.
He is also being paired to Bianca Umali in the teleserye 'Kambal karibal'.
4. Ice Seguerra formerly known as Aiza Seguerra was Eat Bulaga's first 'baby' from Little Miss Philippines.
He was only 3 years old back then but already got the wits of an adult.
That was her charm for having so many projects with Vic Sotto as his 'father' in showbiz.
Now, aside from acting, Ice is one of the country's talented musicians.
He was also appointed by President Rodrigo Duterte as Chairperson of the National Youth Commission but eventually resigned.
5. Judy Ann Santos was also a child dramatic actress. She was known for her portrayal in the hit 90's teleserye Mara Clara.
Now, Judy Ann is one of the country's best actresses. She also hosted some game shows and cooking shows.
6. Gladys Reyes is Juday's counterpart in the longest-running series, Mara Clara. She played as the kontrabida 'Clara'.
Now, she is still happily married to her co-star also from Mara Clara, Christopher Roxas.
Gladys is also active in hosting lifestyle shows.
7. Janice de Belen was also a dramatic child star of the 80's. She is known for her portrayal in 'Flor de Luna'.
Since then, showbiz has become a part of her daily life.
Now, she is still into acting with some teleseryes on GMA and also, she is into hosting lifestyle shows.
8. Brothers Rodjun and Rayver were a part of the youth-oriented informational show '5 and up'
Now, aside from acting, the two are into dancing.
9. Atom Araullo started as a young broadcaster in '5 and up'.
It looks like his job at his young age lead him to where he is right now.
He is back on Kapuso network and will soon be seen in 'The Atom Araullo specials'.
10. Sunshine Dizon started young at Kuya Germs' youth variety show, 'That's entertainment' in the 80s.
Now she is still one of GMA's talented actresses for teleseryes.
Be amazed with this talented young Pinoy artist. André Manguba makes celeb portraits using pasta and ketchup | Kami Stories on KAMI Youtube channel.