- They were Binibining Pilipinas title holders first before they became actresses
- Most of them are still active in showbiz while some of them are just neophytes in the industry
- Some of them already made a name in showbiz
Through the years, Binibining Pilipinas has been a great opportunity for beautiful, talented and smart women to get out of their box and shine.
This prestigious pageant was able to expose them not just to become a beauty titlist but also to other career opportunities.
KAMI learned from Rappler that aside from modelling, most of them were offered to enter the world of showbiz.
We rounded up 10 Binibining Pilipinas Title holders who eventually became actresses of our country.
1. Pilar Pilapil was Miss Universe Philippines 1967. As she enters showbiz, Pilar starred in numerous movies with Andie Poe.
She almost married comedy king Dolphy.
Pilar is still active in showbiz for she is still a part of the Kapamilya teleserye, 'The Blood Sisters'
2. Gloria Diaz is the first Filipina who was able to bag the Miss Universe title in 1969.
After winning the prestigious title, she entered showbiz and starred in numerous movies including 'Ang Pinakamagandang babae sa balat ng lupa'.
She also appeared in various teleseryes.
3. Charlene Gonzales won Miss Universe Philippines 1994.
During the pageant, Charlene did the movie, "Ikaw Ang Miss Universe ng Buhay Ko with Andrew E and other former Binibining Pilipinas titleholders, including Miss Universe Philippines 1993 Dindi Gallardo.
Aside from the movies, Charlene hosted lifestyle shows and entertainment talk show The Buzz
She just got out of the limelight after she gave birth to her twins, Atasha and Andres and preferred to focus on her career as a mother.
4. Miriam Quiambao, First runner-up Miss Universe 1999, invades showbiz thru her hosting skills.
She hosted Extra!Extra! which eventually became Extra Challenge. She also became a card of Morning show Unang Hirit.
5. Bianca Manalo was our representative in the 2009 Miss Universe. After this, she entered showbiz and starred in her own show Juanita Banana, My Super D and On the wings of love where she played Lea, sister of Nadine Lustre.
She was recently seen in FPJ's Ang Probinsyano.
6. Venus Raj was able to place the Philippines back on track in Miss universe. After she landed 4th Runner up in the most prestigious pageant in the universe, she also entered showbiz and did some hosting jobs like Umagang kay Ganda. She is also a frequent co-host for Binibining Pilipinas pageant.
7. Precious Lara Quigaman bagged Miss International 2005.
She did several movies and teleserye, including ABS-CBN's latest fantaserye, Bagani.
Lara is married to actor, Marco Alcaraz, and they are happy to announce recently about their baby number 2.
8. Kylie Versoza is our 6th Miss International for having the crown on 2016.
She was one of Coco Martin's MMFF movie, Ang Panday last 2017.
Kylie became a model mntor in Philippines' next top model.
9.Mariel de Leon is really expected to be in showbiz after representing our country in Miss International 2017. She is the daughter of veteran actor Christopher De Leon and Sandy Andolong.
Aside from being an opera singer, Mariel did a movie as one of Coco Martin's leading lady in his MMFF movie Ang Panday along with Kylie Versoza.
10. Little did we know that Alice Dixson was our Binibining Pilipinas International 1986.
After being in the iconic commercial of Palmolive "I can feel it,'she became a full time actress doing numerous movies and a sit com Ok ka Fairy Ko where she was popularly known as 'Faye'.
Now, she is one of Century Tuna's ageless beauties.
Beauty hack has never been this easy. Curly Hair Using Paper Tissue: Create Heatless Paper Towel Curls (Tutorial) on KAMI Youtube channel.