Over a week after they beheaded one of their Canadian hostages, terrorist group Abu Sayyaf posted on YouTube a new warning on Tuesday, May 3, threatening to harm three more captives if their demands are not met.
The online video, which was reported by SITE intelligence group, shows three hostages – Canadian, Norwegian and Filipino—guarded by six gunmen while appealing for help from the Philippine and Canadian governments.
In the said video, Canadian national Robert Hall told the Philippine government to “please stop shooting at us and trying to kill us. These guys are going to do a good job of that.”
He also addressed his own government and asked them to meet the demands of their captors, though the demands were not specified.
Norwegian Kjartan Sekkingstad and Hall’s Filipina partner Marites Flor also pleaded for help while being surrounded by the kidnappers.
“If the demand is not met, we will be executed like our friend John was a few days ago,” Sekkingstad said in the video warning.
Last week, the group beheaded Canadian retiree John Ridsdel, and even dumped his head outside the city hall on Jolo.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the merciless killing, saying that “this was an act of cold-blooded murder and responsibility rests with the terrorist group who took him hostage.”
The four hostages were abducted by the Abu Sayyaf on September 2015 in Samal Island in Davao del Norte.
President Benigno Aquino III has already vowed to utilize the “full resources” of the government to neutralize the terrorist group who, according to Aquino, also plotted to kidnap his sister Kris Aquino and boxing champion and senator Manny Pacquiao.