- UP Shopping Center in side the University of the Philippines Diliman Campus caught fire on Thurday morning of March 8
- 42-48 stalls were damaged including the photocopy center there thesis were printed and copied
- The fire was put out at around 9:00 in the morning
The UP Shopping Center caught fire on Thursday morning of March 8 which started from the ceiling of the establishments.
According to fire marshal Supt. Manuel Manuel the fire started at around 7 in the morning.
It easily spreads out as most of the materials of the shopping center.
Faulty Electrical Wiring is the possible reason of the fire break out.
Black and thick smoke covers the entire building.
According to the Bureau of Fire Protection, the fire was put out at 9:00 in the morning.
One fireman was wounded while responding to the breakout.
The amount of damages reached 500,000 pesos.
Almost 48 stalls were caught by fire including the photocopy center where thesis were printed and copied.
Meanwhile, UP Chancellor Michael Tan announced that he will be speaking with the dean of the different colleges to extend the deadline of the thesis to give consideration for the students.
It was just last 2017 when UP Diliman Shopping Center was renovated.
It is also considered as one of the campus' landmarks.