“We tried. It didn’t work out.”
This was the brief yet meaningful statement of singer-actress Zsa Zsa Padilla as she confirmed earlier reports of her split with architect Conrad Onglao. The statement was released via her handler yesterday, May 3.
Rumors of the split started swirling when columnist and talent manager Noel Ferrer reported about Onglao attending the renewal of vows ceremony of celebrity couple Ryan Agoncillo and Judy Ann Santos on April 30 sans Padilla.
When asked why he went solo, the architect said that the Divine Diva had a scheduled taping at that time for the ABS-CBN program “The Story of Us.” However, staff of the network who attended the event confirmed that Padilla did not have any tapings that day.
Members of the media eventually learned that Padilla has moved out of the 60-year old architect’s house in San Lorenzo Village in Makati City, and has returned to her house in Marina in Parañaque City.
Prior to Padilla’s statement, her daughter Karylle already confirmed the news to reporters yesterday during a gathering for presidential candidate Mar Roxas in Quezon City.
“She’s back home and yun siguro (that’s it), let’s just give her time to just really process things and heal,” Karylle said.
When asked about the reason behind the split, Karylle said that she has no idea and that it is her mom’s story to tell.
“Actually, wala akong masyadong alam [with] the details masyado. I’ll leave it to my mom to explain,” she told reporters.
(Actually, I don’t have much knowledge regarding the details. I’ll leave it to my mom to explain.)
It was previously reported that Padilla and Onglao were set to tie the knot in Florence, Italy later this year.