- DFA clarified that OFWs, PWDs and senior citizens do not have to wait in line to get a passport
- Persons that are in these groups could expect that it will be much easier to get a passport
- It will be implemented on January14, 2017
According to DFA Assistant Secretary Frank Cimafranca of Office of Consular Affairs, the applicants only needs to bring all of their documents and they are good to apply as walk-ins. There is a priority lane for them at the office of DFA Aseana or their regional consular satellite office.
"Ang mga OFW walang kailangang appointment," Cimafranca said.
KAMI learned that the following can avail their priority lanes:
1. Senior citizens with senior citizen ID
2. Person with disability with PWD ID or visible disability
3. Solo Parent with valid Solo Parent ID
4. Pregnant women with medical certificate
5. Minors seven years old and below
"They can just come to any of our office, walk-in and apply," Cimafranca stated.
Cimafranca also shared that these reminders will be seen on their websites. As to what ABS-CBN News recently reported, Cimafranca said that they are doing everything so that all Filipinos who wants to work abroad will also be included in the priority lanes.
"We are also trying to accommodate them by creating a portal. This portal can be used by a recruitment agency. They will have to go through a special portal para mabilis sila," he said.
He also added that this new innovation will be implemented this Sunday. Meanwhile, the Facebook page of the DFA receives hate messages due to the failure of people to set an appointment with them.
People said that there are no available appointments in the span of three months.
"We can hardly cope with the demand for passports, that's why we are trying to address this by trying to increase our capacity," Cimafranca said.
There are 12,000 to 15,000 estimated passports that are being processed every day.
"We have only an ideal number that we can process daily," Cimafranca explained.
KAMI believes that it will be a big help especially for person with disability and senior citizens.
Selfless brother Romeo Pogoy -from KAMI Youtube -he sacrifices his own dream for his siblings