Inmates from the Manila City Jail took the Alternative Learning System's (ALS) accreditation and equivalency exam administered by the Department of Education on Sunday.
The exam is meant to test their readiness to enrol in high school and college courses.
A total of 877 male inmates took the ALS exam. The next test will be done next Sunday.
GMA News Online posted photos from the examination.
The ALS serves as a substitute learning system for Filipinos who do not have access to formal education.
The following are eligible to take the exam:
- those studying under the ALS or other non-formal education programs
- those who finished the 2016 ALS program
- those who finished ALS but did not pass the A&E tests
- those who finished ALS but haven't taken the A&E yet
- out-of-school youth
- adults who need a Certificate of Learning