Mother ends up in ICU due to botulism poisoning from nacho cheese sauce

Mother ends up in ICU due to botulism poisoning from nacho cheese sauce

KAMI reminds you to be careful of what you eat - you never know what might hit you when you take that first bite.

We saw (via Kicker Daily) that a woman was rushed to the intensive care unit (ICU) a day after she ate some chips with a nacho cheese dip.

Lavinia Kelly is one of the five victims of processed food, particularly the cheese sauce, that came from a gas station in California, USA.

gas-2

This was where Kelly, along with other individuals, purchased the deadly nacho cheese sauce. (photo credit: sacbee.com)

The 33-year-old woman is currently paralyzed due to botulism poisoning.

In case you don't know what that means, it is rare and possibly fatal illness brought upon by toxins from the bacteria Colstridium botulinum.

Her condition was triggered by the food that she ate - processed food that are either in cans or packs.

kelly

Kelly, before and after her consumption of the nacho cheese sauce. (photo credit: foodsafetynews.com)

According to her partner Ricky Torres, Kelly experienced extreme fatigue hours after consuming the chips with the sauce.

The morning after was worse - she was having double vision. When evening hit, she was vomiting and had difficulty breathing.

When she was brought the hospital a day after, she was already hooked to the ventilator in the ICU.

family

Kelly is surrounded by her three children while she's still in the ICU. (photo credit: torontosun.com)

Her family has now filed a civil lawsuit against the gas station.

Let KAMI know what you think of this devastating news below.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel here!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Related news
Surgeons in Abu Dhabi save 31-week-old baby and Filipina from death

Surgeons in Abu Dhabi save 31-week-old baby and Filipina from death

Surgeons in Abu Dhabi save 31-week-old baby and Filipina from death
KAMI.com.ph
Mailfire view pixel