- An Australian man is counting his blessings after a close encounter with an extremely venomous snake
- He was taking out the garbage when he saw what he though was a python
- Upon closer inspection he noticed that the snake was a tiger snake, a snake that has been known to kill humans with its powerful venom
- The man called a snake wrangler who took care of the situation in a matter of minutes
Cameron Main, a maintenance worker from Australia almost got bitten by an extremely venomous snake while taking out the trash.
He recalls almost picking the snake up thinking it was a different breed of snake.
“I thought it might’ve been a little python because it was only small, I don’t really know much about snakes,” said the man.
Now he is glad that he decided not to take matters into his own hands because the snake was a tiger snake.
Tiger snakes are known for their powerful venom that is known to kill people with their bite.
“Once I found out it was a tiger snake, I was like 'wow, one of the most poisonous snakes in Australia.' I was pretty blown away by that, I was glad I left him alone,” Cameron recalls.
Cameron called a professional snake wrangler that handled the situation in a matter of minutes. The snake wrangler said that it was wise of Cameron not ot approach the serpent.
The snake wrangler’s advice was that “if you see a snake, don’t go near it”.
For more, check our latest KAMI video!