Davao Mayor Rodrigo Duterte slammed Senator Antonio Trillanes IV’s allegations that he has undisclosed personal resources worth P211 million, calling the accusation nothing but “garbage.”
Trillanes earlier claimed that Duterte failed to declare the aforementioned sums in his Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth (SALN). If proven, the non-declaration can be used as grounds for an impeachment case.
The vice presidential candidate added that the said amount is credited to the Julia Vargas Avenue branch of Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) in Pasig City, under a joint account of Mayor Duterte and his daughter Sara Duterte. Trillanes even presented to the media and the press a table of at least nine transactions dated between March to December 2014. However, the document did not carry any certification from the bank, nor did it appear to have come from BPI itself.
“He is a liar. He fabricated it,” Duterte told reporters after his appearance at a business forum in Makati on Wednesday.
But Duterte stressed that he will leave the proof of burden to Trillanes, saying that he would not disclose any bank details, despite previously signing a bank waiver along with running mate Senator Alan Peter Cayetano.
‘Ay hindi na, pahirapan ko na si Trillanes. (Not anymore, I will make it harder on Trillanes.) You prove it. I won’t make it easy for you. I will not play into your hands, you prove it,” he said.