- "Public's safety is everyone's concern," says Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella, in a statement released by the palace following the travel advisory released by the US embassy
- The United States (US) embassy in the Philippines issued the travel advisory on Tuesday, May 9
- The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has earlier admitted that they did not have information on any terror threat
On Thursday, the government has deployed security forces on "heightened alert" in Palawan after the United States (US) embassy released a travel advisory.
Abella announced that the government is "on top of the situation" even as he announces the stricter security in the high seas and coastal areas.
The US Embassy had earlier posted a warning to the citizens traveling to Palawan about a certain terrorist group's plans to conduct kidnapping operations targeting foreign nationals.
READ ALSO: Angel Locsin goes back to "It's Showtime"
The advisory identified areas of the said kidnapping operation to include Puerto Princesa City, and the areas surrounding Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park.