Baby Charlotte's family adopted Khan from an animal shelter, and after just four days they got the fright of their lives!
Dobermans are considered one of the most intelligent and dedicated of dog breeds, and so Charlotte's parents were shocked when Khan suddenly rushed at their seventeen-month-old daughter, snarling.
Charlotte was quietly playing with Khan in the garden of her home in Australia when the dog started acting out. It started barking and pushing the child away from the spot she was sitting in.
What Khan had seen was one of the world’s third most venomous snake, a King Brown, about to strike at the helpless child. Khan jumped between the serpent and its intended victim and scared it away - but not before getting bitten by the deadly reptile.
Had Khan saved Charlotte at the cost of his own life? A veterinarian was rushed to the scene and administered a shot of anti-venom to the ailing dog.
Luckily, our canine hero responded well to the medication and after just a few days that strong and brave Doberman was enjoying his well-deserved hugs, kisses and special, extra-tasty meals!