- Snakes like to cool off in shady areas especially when the weather is hot
- Michael Thorpe from West Australia was killed when a brown snake common to his area bit him on the toe while working on his computer
- Instead of calling for an ambulance immediately, he phoned his friend first
READ ALSO: 9 scary photos of snakes that will haunt you
We better be careful of our surroundings - we never know what might creep into our homes.
An Australian man lost his life when a Western Brown snake bit him on the toe while he was working on his computer.
When Michael Thorpe, a courier driver, noticed that he was bitten by the snake, he called his friends first instead of an ambulance.
This friend, who also saw the snake, thought that it was harmless and called the ambulance for him.
However, the poison has already spread through the 47-year-old's body and he passed away in the hospital already.
His death has made police and snake experts warn other citizens that these creatures seek refuge in shady areas, like our homes, since the incident happened at the peak of summer.
If you live in Western Australia or are visiting, be wary of its brown snake as not only does it have a fatal bite, it also moves rapidly and can grow about 5 feet long.
Although most of us view our homes as our sanctuary, it cannot be avoided that creatures like these sneak in at the most unlikely time.
Share this story to your family and friends and warn them to always be cautious of our surroundings.