Kyle and Monique Rappel were used waking up at night to calm their little daughter. She always woke up once every midnight. The night care of their daughter became a daily and constant task. However, this time something was wrong. Celia, the baby, woke up again and again and was crying all the time. Kyle and Monique couldn’t understand what was happening until they realized something was wrong with them too.
At 3 in the morning, the couple barely could open their eyes, but they had to wake up to calm their crying daughter. They both felt dizziness and burning eyes. Then Kyle felt to the ground. What happened? What Celia was trying to say with her crying? After a 911 call and knowing the answer to the “what happened?” question, Monique shared this story of how her daughter save their life…
“This precious little angel did something extraordinary. Something she will not fully understand until she is grown. She literally saved our lives. Celia typically wakes once per night. We always get up with her and help her back to sleep. On Friday at 3 am she stirred for the second time.” Wrote Monique on Facebook.
“I attempted to make my way to her room but only made it a few feet before being completely overwhelmed with vertigo. Kyle immediately woke and we quickly realized something was wrong. We both suffered from dizziness, headache, nausea, and burning eyes. We packed a bag and woke Celia. She began vomiting and as I held her my cat collapsed at my feet. Luckily Kyle's parents arrived to help right before he collapsed. He came to right away and 911 was called. We were all taken to the hospital.”
“We were promptly treated for Carbon monoxide poisoning by wonderful doctors and nurses. They took every precaution and air lifted us to Vancouver for treatment. We underwent 3, 2.5 hour dives in a Hyperbaric Chamber. We are all feeling very well and expected to make a full recovery. The support we have received this weekend has been incredible. We thank all our friends and family for helping us through.”
“Please ensure you have a Carbon Monoxide detector and that it works. We are so thankful Celia woke us. We often wished she would sleep through the night but we do not feel that way anymore. Our sweet sweet baby saved us all.”