Direk Joyce admits non-completion of film affected MMFF status

Direk Joyce admits non-completion of film affected MMFF status

- This year's Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) will not feature Vice Ganda and Coco Martin's film

- Director Joyce Bernal expressed her regret for not making their film a part of the official lineup

- 'Super Parental Guardians' is supposed to be the follow-up to Vice and Coco's film 'Beauty and the Bestie'

READ ALSO: Sa wakas! Albie Casiño PDA with gf at Disneyland

It is with shock that this year's MMFF will proceed without any of its usual fares, such as Vic Sotto and Vice Ganda starrers.

On Friday, it was revealed that the annual film festival will only have eight entries, most of which are independently produced.

Vice's second movie with Coco Martin, 'Super Parental Guardians', have not made it to the final list.

READ ALSO: Wala si Vice at Enteng! MMFF shocks movie-goers after releasing 8 unexpected official movie entries

Although it cannot be denied that the 'It's Showtime!' host is disappointed, the same could not be said about its director Joyce Bernal.

The veteran director admitted that their film was still in picture-lock when they presented it for discussion, which she said was alright with the festival's new rules.

Picture-lock is an editing stage in either film or television, where it has not been dubbed yet or music has not been added to it.

READ ALSO: Proud mommy talaga! Mariel Rodriguez shares first photo of her baby Isabella

Since the film's editing has not been completed yet, it puts them at a disadvantage compared to the other films in the official list.

Even if she feels remorse over the non-inclusion of their film, Direk Joyce said that she respects the festival's decision.

The movie was really for Metro Manila Film Festival. We wanted it for Metro Manila Film Festival. Si Coco, si Vice, t’saka ako… Pero, kung ano man ‘yung gustong gawin, because something happened last year so meron silang gustong gawin for this year na festival so parang sa akin, on my part, nirerespeto ko ‘yun. Okay sa akin ‘yun," she said.

READ ALSO: Totoo kaya? Nadine Lustre bad attitude on set revealed by an extra

(The movie was really for Metro Manila Film Festival. We wanted it for Metro Manila Film Festival. Coco, Vice, and me...but even if we wanted to do something, because something happened last year and they [MMFF commmittee] wanted to do something for this year's festival, on my part, I respect that. I am alright with it.)

The film will be permanently on hold even if it is already completed since Star Cinema already has a lineup of next year's movies.

Although not having a Vice Ganda film feels like a breath of fresh air, we could not help but rejoice for a bit - just like this baby who laughs like a maniac.

READ ALSO: Mega pati ang pamilya! Mega star Sharon Cuneta shares wacky photo shoot bonding with family

sendastory-kami

Direk Joyce admits non-completion of film affected MMFF status

Related news

Aiza Seguerra says she still dreams of having a baby with wife Liza Diño

Aiza Seguerra says she still dreams of having a baby with wife Liza Diño

Aiza Seguerra says she still dreams of having a baby with wife Liza Diño