- PNP chief Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa said President Rodrigo Duterte knew about Marcos' military burial on Friday
- The Presidential Communications Office, on the other hand, stated that they "honestly don't know"
- The burial on November 18 at the Libingan ng Mga Bayani in Taguig City comes 10 days after the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Marcos
President Rodrigo Duterte was informed about the hidden military burial for former president Ferdinand Marcos on Friday.
Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa confirmed this prior to the scheduled 12 noon burial.
"Alam niya. Alam niya iyan. Hindi naman siya maba-blind," he told reporters.
Bato, however, noted there was no special instructions for the military burial issued by Duterte.
"Wala naman tayong special attention dito. Wala [namang special instructions from]. Maniguro lang tayo na peaceful iyong paglibing. Walang gulo na mangyari," Bato said.
In a previous media gathering, the president said that he already gave former Senator Bongbong Marcos the go signal to push through with the interment.
The burial on November 18 at the Libingan ng Mga Bayani in Taguig City comes 10 days after the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Marcos.
Meanwhile, Assistant Secretary Marie Banaag of Duterte's communications team said they know nothing about the surprise burial.
"So far, the PCO has no knowledge of that instruction. We don't have any knowledge of the burial. The schedule and everything, we don't have. Perhaps, the PNP [Philippine National Police], yes."
READ ALSO: Marcos' burial happening today, says netizen
"We don't really know. We honestly don't know," Banaag declared later.
Asked what will happen if the plea of the petitioners reverses the Supreme Court's decision, the assistant secretary explained that the president's decision is final even before he took office.
"The President was so clear about that since noong campaign period pa and those who were opposing it were given the chance. They went to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court has decided so it's up for the family of the late president as to when to bring the remains of the late pres at the Libingan ng mga Bayani," Banaag said.