- A firefighter, his wife and two children were hiking in the forests of Tennessee when his wife nearly stepped on a snake
- The firefighter grabbed an oar and lopped the serpent’s head off. However when he crouched down to inspect the body the snake’s head bit into his arm
- The closest hospital was very far away and Kyle’s colleagues came to the rescue delivering him to the hospital in record time and probably saving his arm
When firefighter Kyle Watson’s wife almost stepped on a rattlesnake, he grabbed an oar and lopped the serpent’s head off.
Just as he bent down to inspect the body of the snake the snake’s head bit him in the arm injecting its lethal poison into Kyle’s bloodstream.
Kyle stated that he felt the effects of the poison immediately. His lips and throat began to swell and after taking a couple of steps he stumbled and fell, striking his head against a rock.
As he was passing out he felt the poison spreading through his arm and described it as a burning sensation.
Kyle’s wife instantly rang 911, but they were hiking deep in Tennessee forests and were very far from the nearest hospital.
Kyle’s colleagues came to the rescue. When his chief heard that he was in trouble he sent firefighters to rescue the man from the forest.
He is currently hospitalized with his arm in a special sling to prevent the poison spreading throughout his body.