- Senator Leila De Lima has been reportedly linked to the illegal drug trade in New Bilibid Prison
- She, and 17 others, now face multiple charges from the NBI due to their alleged activities
- Included in the complaint are some of her former staff, politicians, and high profile inmates who testified at the House hearing
Misery loves company - as exhibited by Senator Leila De Lima and 17 others involved in the proliferation of illegal drugs in New Bilibid Prison (NBP).
National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) spokesperson Ferdinand Lavin and its Anti-Illegal Drugs chief Atty. Joel Tuvera filed the charges against the senator and her accomplices.
Their complaint was based on the testimony of the witnesses in the House hearing regarding the matter.
The complaint, however, does not include the report of the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) which cover the bank transactions of those involved in the implicated drug trade.
Lavin is convinced that their evidence against the arraigned is strong, citing the 'interlocking confessions' of the witnesses back the testimony of the other.
De Lima and her lackeys have been charged with the following violations:
- Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs
- Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act (Republic Act 3019)
- Presidential Decree (PD) 46 Punishing the Receiving and Giving of Gifts of Public Officials and Employees
- Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (Republic Act 6173).
Along with De Lima, these individuals who were linked to her alleged involvement in Bilibid's drug trade were included in the complaint:
- Former Justice Undersecretary Francisco Baraan III
- Former Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) chief Franklin Jesus Bucayu
- Former BuCor officer-in-charge Rafael Ragos
- De Lima's former security aide Joenel Sanchez
- De Lima's former driver and bodyguard Ronnie Dayam
- NBI agent Jovencio Ablen Jr.
- Bucayo's former staff Wilfredo Ely
- De Lima's personal assistant Lyn Sagum
- Julius Rejuso
- Alias George
- Jaybee Sebastian
- Herbert Colanggo
- Engelbert Durano
- Vicente Sy
- Wu Tuan Yuan alias Peter Co
- Jojo Baligad
The last six in the list are the high-profile inmates in Bilibid, who were called on at the House hearing previously.
Despite her pleas to the Supreme Court to help her file a case against the president, De Lima is in too deep now to let others do her bidding.
We could only imagine her detractors pulling off an evil laugh like these babies, as justice has been served for them.