-Two people died while one is still recovering after being electrocuted
- The fatal incident happened due to a faulty live wire
- A video showing the actual electrocution of the three was uploaded on Facebook
It was such a horrifying scene as three people were filmed being electrocuted by live wire in Brgy. Yapak, Boracay, Saturday morning, resulting to the death of two.
According to a Facebook page that posted the actual video of electrocution, the incident happened at 9 a.m. when a live wire dropped from a post of power distributor Aklan Electric Cooperative, Inc. (Akelco) which killed 7-year-old Arnelyn Salibio and Christina Matillano, 31 while Rosita, mother of Arnelyn is still under treatment in the hospital.
The Facebook page wrote in the caption:
READ ALSO: CCTV Captures Horrifying Moment Mexican Cartel Murder A Judge
"ACTUAL VIDEO - DALAWA ang patay at isa ang malubha ang kalagayan sa pagkakuryente kaninang alas 9 ng umaga sa Brgy. Yapak, Boracay."
"Nahulog ang LIVE WIRE galing sa poste ng AKELCO at tumama sa mga biktima na sina Arnelyn Salibio-7 years old, Christina Matillano-31 years old na parehong namatay at ang nanay ni Arnelyn na si Rosita na patuloy na ginagamot."
Netizens slammed the power distributor after the tragic incident happened. One Facebook user commented:
READ ALSO: Man almost gets crushed to death by car
"Live wire naputol tapos live parin?! Walang circuit breaker? Kapabayaan to ng akelco. Wag na lang kayo mag install ng poste kung hindi kayo maka afford ng safety feature na to. Incompetent at walang paki alam sa kapwa tao."
Another user said:
"Holy sh*t that's high voltage line. Good thing that the bystander didn't attempt to rescue the victims. That's very dangerous. What I can't understand is why it fell down from the post? That's so unusual to a electric provider. I would probably accept if we have typhoons or any bad weather condition that will cause the fall. They should be liable to this. Killing ordinary citizen due to work negligence."
The video already gained more than 1.2 million views on Facebook.
READ ALSO: 10 Near-death experiences caught on video.