Filipina baby dies after swallowing softdrink bottle cap

Filipina baby dies after swallowing softdrink bottle cap

- Baby Rhea Jane died after accidentally swallowing a bottle cap from a 1-liter Sprite soda drink

- The grandmother was able to pull out the cap from the baby’s throat but it was too late to save her life

- The mother described baby Rhea Jane as a joyful and energetic baby who made her very happy

The story of Rhea Jane, an 8-month-old infant who died after she accidentally swallowed a bottle cap of a Sprite soda drink, has broken the hearts of Filipino netizens nationwide.

Filipina-baby

Filipina baby dies after swallowing softdrink bottle cap (Photo: Ronda Brigada)

According to the grieving mother, baby Rhea Jane was sitting in her stroller when the tragic incident took place.

The baby’s grandmother was the one looking out for her since the mother was getting some sleep during that time.

READ ALSO: Scared man abandons girlfriend in swimming pool as deadly crocodile attacks them

Unfortunately, there was a bottle of a 1-liter Sprite soda and its bottle cap near the stroller. The grandmother theorizes that the infant was able to reach the bottle cap and then swallowed it.

When she heard the baby cry, the mother woke up and helped the grandmother pull out the bottle cap from her throat. They were able to pull it out but the damage has already been done.

Filipina-baby

Filipina baby dies after swallowing softdrink bottle cap (Photo: Ronda Brigada)

READ ALSO: Brave cop and his wife get into scary gunfight with deadly store robbers

According to the doctors, baby Rhea Jane was deprived of oxygen during the accident and she died soon after.

The mother said that baby Rhea Jane is her only child and that she was a great blessing for their family. She added that the infant was a joyful and energetic baby who gave happiness to their family.

Many netizens offered their prayers for the baby and her family and they also urged families, especially parents, to always monitor the actions of their babies.

READ ALSO: Unsuspecting woman walking in the raid violently struck by lightning

“Nakakalungkot naman. Doble pagbabantay talaga sa mga may mga baby pa kasi kakulitan ang ganyang age,” a social media user commented.

(This is so sad. We must be doubly careful when looking after a baby, especially babies of that age who are usually very curious.)

SHARE this tragic video with your loved ones.

The video below shows another sad baby story that will make you cry.

READ ALSO: Heartbroken Pinoy’s epic fail suicide attempt goes viral

Related news

Police Officers Goes 'Bugs' And Slaps Man Dressed As A Bunny

Police Officers Goes 'Bugs' And Slaps Man Dressed As A Bunny

Police Officers Goes 'Bugs' And Slaps Man Dressed As A Bunny