Sara Duterte, gustong iparamdam sa police chief ang pagdurusa mula pagsabog sa Davao

Sara Duterte, gustong iparamdam sa police chief ang pagdurusa mula pagsabog sa Davao

- Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Bato dela Rosa submitted to Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte a list of possible replacement for Davao City Police Office (DCPO) Senior Superintendent Michael John Dubria

- Mayor Inday Sara Duterte, however, rescinded on the decision to replace the Davao City police chief

- According to the mayor, he wanted the police chief to suffer with her, so no transfer will be available for him

Davao City Mayor Inday Sara Duterte said on Thursday, October 27, that she wish for Davao City Police Office (DCPO) Senior Superintendent Michael John Dubria to keep his post and feel the pain she feels that resulted from the bombing at Roxas night market on September 2.

The Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Bato dela Rosa had earlier asked for more time to draw a list of possible replacement.

Sara-duterte

Sara Duterte, gustong iparamdam sa police chief ang pagdurusa mula pagsabog sa Davao Photo credit: Rappler

Earlier today, the PNP Chief gave the list of possible replacements including Senior Superintendents Antonino Yarra, Albert Ocon, and Milo Pagtalunan, but Mayor Duterte announced that she no longer need the list as she had rescinded on her original decision to replace Dubria.

READ ALSO: Davao Mayor Sara Duterte suffers terrible loss with death of two babies

"I have reconsidered my earlier decision and I now want Dubria to stay," she said.

According to Duterte, it will be easy for Dubria to forget what happened in Davao if he was transferred so she wishes for him to stay with her.

"I want him to stay and feel the pain I feel everyday. A new City Director would not understand this feeling," she explained.

READ ALSO: Davao Mayor Sara Duterte clarifies bank account for donations to blast victims

Duterte earlier asked for the relief of Dubria and Task Force Davao commander Col. Henry Robinson.

The Armed Forces of the Philippines obliged the mayor and immediately appointed a new head for Task Force Davao (TF Davao) Colonel Erwin Neri.

READ ALSO: CAPTURED on video! Exact moment explosion happened in Davao City Night Market

In addition to the two, the mayor announced that the city government of Davao also hired General Benito de Leon as the new head of Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC).

The Abu Sayyaf group (ASG) had also already claimed responsibility for the bombing, but three members of the notorious Maute group were arrested for allegedly masterminding the attack.

More information on the bombers, identified from descriptions provided by the witnesses, can be gleaned from this video report:

RELATED: #PrayforDavao: Davao City ‘bomb explosion’ leaves at least 12 people dead, 60 others injured

Related news

La Salle deals loss to rival Ateneo to become UAAP Season 79 champion

La Salle deals loss to rival Ateneo to become UAAP Season 79 champion

La Salle downs Ateneo for 9th UAAP title